The Best Time of Year to Buy and Install Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood flooring is one of the most popular and enduring flooring solutions now available. It's simple to see why so many people choose hardwood flooring for their homes, due to its classic and elegant appearance, longevity, and ease of upkeep.
Hardwood floors are typically constructed of oak or maple and are available in a variety of hues, textures, and finishes. Moreover, they are available in solid wood, engineered wood, and laminate. Solid wood is 100% natural and comes in strips or planks, whereas engineered wood is composed of laminated and bonded layers of wood.
While they are easy to clean and maintain, hardwood floors are an excellent choice for many homes. With routine sweeping and mopping, you can keep your hardwood floors looking as good as new for many years. If you choose a more permanent solution, you can have your floors refinished and resealed to restore their previous sheen and brilliance.
One of the best benefits of hardwood floors is their durability. Whether you choose solid wood, engineered wood, or laminate, your hardwood flooring will stand up to wear and tear better than most other flooring options. This makes them a great choice for high traffic areas, like your kitchen, living room, and entryway.
Also, hardwood flooring contributes to the aesthetic appeal of your property. Hardwood flooring may add sophistication and elegance to a home due to its ageless appeal and traditional appearance. With so many colors and grains to pick from, it's simple to find a floor that complements your existing decor.
Hardwood flooring is an excellent option for your house, whether you choose a classic, conventional appearance or something more modern and contemporary. It is not only gorgeous and ageless, but also resilient and simple to maintain. With proper cleaning and care, hardwood flooring may last a lifetime!
When is the Best Time of the year to Install Hardwood Flooring?
Fall and winter are the best times of the year to install hardwood flooring. While spring and summer are often the most popular times for home renovations, cold weather months are actually the best times to consider a hardwood flooring upgrade. Here are a few reasons why fall and winter are the prime times for hardwood flooring installations.
- First and foremost, the air is much drier in the winter months, making it the ideal time to install hardwood flooring. Moisture can cause wood to swell and contract, resulting in gaps and buckling. Since most homes are already kept at a stable temperature, humidity levels remain relatively low and thus, hardwood flooring installations are more successful during the winter months.
- Additionally, hardwood flooring is a great way to warm up a home. During the cold winter months, hardwood flooring adds a cozy feel to the home and helps to keep it a few degrees warmer. Not to mention, the beauty and timelessness of hardwood flooring adds character to any room.
- Also, fall and winter are typically slower months for the hardwood flooring industry. Since the demand is lower in the colder seasons, the prices are usually more affordable. Homeowners can take advantage of discounts and deals on hardwood flooring during this time of the year.
- Hardwood flooring provides a number of advantages, including a rise in property value, enhanced air quality, and superior sound insulation. It is also one of the most resilient and low-maintenance flooring alternatives available.
How to Prepare for the Installation of Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood flooring is a classic and timeless addition to any home, but its installation can be challenging. Before beginning the installation procedure, it is essential to ensure that you are adequately prepared. This will ensure that the hardwood flooring is placed correctly and will retain its beauty for many years.
- Firstly you should properly prepare for the installation of hardwood flooring by determining the right type of flooring for your home. You will need to evaluate the type of subfloor, the amount of foot activity the floor will experience, and the humidity level of the room. After deciding which sort of hardwood flooring is ideal for your home, it is time to purchase the necessary components.
- Ensure that the subfloor is in excellent shape as the following step in the preparation procedure. Begin by inspecting the subfloor to ensure there are no mold, mildew, or rot stains. Before continuing with the installation procedure, you must take the appropriate actions to repair the subfloor if any of these defects are discovered.
- When the subfloor is in good condition, the floor can be prepared for installation. Install a vapor barrier between the subfloor and the hardwood flooring to prevent moisture absorption. This will aid in preventing the flooring from becoming harmed by moisture or humidity.
- You will then need to install the hardwood flooring. This procedure can be performed on the subfloor or immediately on top of it. Use the necessary fasteners to secure the flooring in place if you are installing it directly over the subfloor.
- When the flooring has been put, you must complete the finishing process. Depending on the strategy of how to select the hardwood flooring, it may be necessary to apply a sealer or wax. This will help protect the flooring from damage and preserve its beauty for many years.
- Preparing for the installation of hardwood flooring may appear onerous, but it is a crucial step that will help guarantee that your flooring is put correctly and will last for many years. Follow the steps mentioned in the preceding section, and you will soon have a lovely new hardwood floor.
Obviously, the optimum, best time to buy flooring and install hardwood flooring is in the fall and winter seasons, when temperatures are cooler and installation costs are lower. In addition, it is essential to remember that the installation process demands careful attention to detail and the knowledge of an accomplished installer. With proper preparation and installation, you may enjoy your hardwood flooring for many years.
At Glowry Collection, we provide an extensive selection of engineered hardwood flooring to fit your requirements. Our engineered hardwood floors are meant to be sturdy, resilient, and abrasion-resistant. They offer improved performance and aesthetics in high-traffic areas such as halls, living rooms, and kitchens.
So, whether you're looking for conventional oak hardwood flooring or something more contemporary like natural hardwood, Glowry Collection has the perfect type of engineered hardwood flooring. Our engineered hardwood flooring is designed to provide enhanced functionality, durability, and beauty. Discover the best-fit hardwood flooring for your residence, which you can install during the best season.